According to the Canadian Federation of Chefs and Cooks, the best-trained chefs and cooks are in very high demand. An aging demographic is expected to increase the need for chefs and cooks in establishments that cater to seniors such as retirement homes, etc.
A Restaurant is looking to hire new Chefs that will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for their guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To have an edge on this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is an added advantage plus prior experience in a related position.
Salary Info: Very appealing + bonuses
Location: PRINCE ALBERT
Employment Terms: Full Time/ Part-time
Education: College graduate
Experience: 1-2 Years
Application Closing Date: 20-May-2021
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix, and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that the kitchen area, equipment, and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wow, our guests with amazing dishes.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is preferred.
- A Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Have a good knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- capable of utilizing slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply: Click Here to preview and send a resume.